Conditional Formatting?

lctrues

Board Regular
I have three columns of dollar amounts. One is an estimated amount, one is an actual amount that will be debited from the estimated amount, and the final column is a balance amount. I need for the balance amount to reflect a 0 balance once the actual equals the estimated instead of building a credit amount.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Using MarkW example:

In C2 type

=IF($A$2>SUM($B$2:B2),+$A$2-SUM($B$2:B2)0)

Copy this formula down col. C

Upvote 0
I don't need conditional formatting I need an IF nested funtion if actual equals estimates then show zero

Upvote 0
Ictrue, Mark's elegant solution IS NOT conditional formating, it's a formula and it allows you to enter any number of check requests to the same item and then go to the next item. No matter how far beyond budget you go on an item, it will always show a balance (remaining) of zero. Isn't this what you asked for?

Upvote 0
I will enter his formula asap and see if this is indeed what I need. I must show an active balance until the estimated amount is satisfied and at that time the balance column has to reflect a zero..

tks

Upvote 0
I can't seem to get it to work..I have to keep all entries on one row per item. Each month that an entry is made it will replace the previous entry and update the balance. THis will happen until the estimated is satisfied and then it should show a zero.

:)(

Upvote 0
Well, that's a horse of a different odor. If it is all on one row, and, if you don't have to enter each check, only a updated total, you only need 3 cells:
In cell A1, the amount of the estimate;
In cell B1, the updated total spent;
In cell C1,
=IF(A1-B1>0,A1-B1,0)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesski

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back