Conditional tallies

megancatherine

Hi - new to posting but have read these boards for a while. Needed a semi-quick answer and didn't want to search through all the threads like i usually do looking for an answer.

I'm building a tracking sheet for a contracts process we have at work. Basically there can be 6 conditions for any contract that we're working on: "Reviewed", "Drafted", "On Hold", "Out for Signature", "Cancelled", and "Done". I've created a quick dropdown box using the Validation Allow: List feature for these 6 categories. For each contract we're working on, the idea is to pick from the list of 6 status conditions.

What I'd like to do is build a tally for the conditions, so at any given time we can easily find out how many we have "Reviewed", "Drafted" etc. Is there a way to use a formula to say that in cells A4:A100, count the number of ones that say "Reviewed" etc.. and report it to me in a cell.

Basically what I want it to look like is
Reviewed: N
Drafted: N
On Hold: N

Etc.

Thanks!!

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Hi megancatherine,

Let's say you have the words Reviewed, Drafted, On Hold, Out for Signature, Cancelled and Done in cells B1:B6. In C1 use the formula:

=COUNTIF($A$4:$A$100,B1)

Fill that formula down to C6 and you'll get a count for each value in the range A4:A100.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back