Conditionally formatting shapes to graphically show the results of Testing Logs.

Fritzsche1950

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have been using the technique of "conditional format" of cells and copying them "As a picture." This has worked fairly well, but I think using shapes would be better. I want to use filled arrows, boxes, both filled and outline and circles. I have tried several ideas from various "tutorials" None seem to work correctly. I tried to figure out how the system presented in this post would work. As a first-time VBA attempt, I am getting nowhere.

I need to report up to six colors and upwards of 250 items on a map. The information is on a spreadsheet and shown on a plan view map.
On the VBA example I tried using as soon as I tried to modify it things stopped working. Also, none showed how to use multiple shapes. One shown and as soon as I tried to add more records everything that worked, stopped. I couldn't get the example on this website to work, so I am clearly missing some important piece. Most of the examples seem to require entering numbers, rather than text.

What I need to know is what needs to be done with the shapes and what and where does the VBA code need to be? (I can't seem to rename the shapes and have to use the name: number, created when I add each shape. I can change the name, but it reverts back to the assigned name when it is created.

Attachments

• Arrows circles and squares.png
    Arrows circles and squares.png
    38.6 KB · Views: 9

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back