conflict personal.xlsb & Excel start menu

DavTer

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi There. I have excel 2013 running on Win 10 (1H21) with the Personal.XLSB with macros & Book.Xlsm (all hidden- Repeat - All Hidden) running in C:Users\Me\ etc MS\XLstart. All great except that upon start up I get a blank Sht etc but do NOT get the start menu. Can you assist me here, can I get the Start menu up with also the Pls.xlsb (remaining hidden) or is it one or the other? note my Options sets are: No Add Ins - active, General/ Display - ticked

Thankyou, Dave

Funny but not funny. I started in on spreadheets in the 123 days, it is only of late that I have operational or percedural probs. I simply are not impressed at all. I thought 123 a really great prg and made and ran many files, then Excel showed and we swapped. but not to advance from 2013, not likely, its mate WORD is little better. I use S/Ss, Word, pub, etc in near basic form, I write a lot of reports. But these later programs are totally overun by "Helper" addins, it is a mess to me. Now thanks to your help I have the start file back again where I select files and work them, not from explorer. I just clicked on a xlsx file in explorer and no it did not open, we went to the blank Excel page, but not to the selected file. I don't think you will wonder as to my view of present day Excel. Its just too big and combersome to get basic work done.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AGreen17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back