consolidate data and find the difference

acroteau

I pull a report from an database for work that contains fundraising data. Column A is "First Name", Column B is "Last Name" Column C is "Email" and Column D is "Total Amount to date".

I pull the report every week and each week there is added data for new entries and the total amount raised for previous entries is updated to current. I also save the report each week as its own file.

I want to be able to take the reports, combine them so that all the data is consolidated on 1 sheet and it shows the difference between week to week. I tried to set up a pivot table, but I cant get the pivot table to subtract "total amount to Date" from the newest Sheet form "Total amount to date" from the previous week.

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Welcome

For sure there is a date field in the database. So, just make a pivot table (or cross-tab) report straight from the database. (if using a pivot table, make the date field a column field and group by weeks.)

OK?

regards

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebc9

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back