Andy0311

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I have a home computer and a work computer. Both run Windows 10. Control A does not work in Excel on my work computer. On any other software or app, it works fine. I need this function to capture large amounts of data throughout the worksheet. When I hit Control + A anywhere in an active range, the cursor moves to a another cell.

On my home computer Control A works perfectly in Excel. I have tried to research have tried many suggestions to solve this issue, but to no avail. If anyone has any suggestions on what may be going on here and how to fix it, I would appreciate any help.

Andy

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
I suspect your work pc has had that key combination reassigned or deleted altogether. I looked for how to list them for any particular Office application but only found how in Word, plus this code, which you could copy into an Excel code module and see what you get.

Upvote 0
I suspect your work pc has had that key combination reassigned or deleted altogether. I looked for how to list them for any particular Office application but only found how in Word, plus this code, which you could copy into an Excel code module and see what you get.
Thank you. I will continue my research.

Upvote 0
Does Ctrl+A work if you start Excel in safe mode? (hold down the Ctrl key while starting Excel and answer Yes to the prompt)

Upvote 0
Does Ctrl+A work if you start Excel in safe mode? (hold down the Ctrl key while starting Excel and answer Yes to the prompt)
No, it does not work either. Thanks for your help. I'll keep trying.

Upvote 0
No, it does not work either
Please don't mark it as an answer then. ;)

What kind of computer and keyboard is it? Do you have special keyboard software?

Upvote 0
Please don't mark it as an answer then. ;)

What kind of computer and keyboard is it? Do you have special keyboard software?
The Dell laptop computer is 4-5 yrs old, and the keyboard is a wireless Logitech, which connects to the laptop with Logitech dongle. The mouse is a Logitech also, which connects via the dongle, as well. Everyone at our work uses Microsoft 365.

Upvote 0
Rory is better placed to help you trouble shoot why it is not working but as a temporary workaround.
• Clicking the top left corner will select the whole spreadsheet
• ctrl+* (ctrl+shift+8) will select the current region

Upvote 0
Do you have the Logitech Options (or Options+) software installed? That allows for app-specific keyboard mappings, if I recall correctly.

Upvote 0
Do you have the Logitech Options (or Options+) software installed? That allows for app-specific keyboard mappings, if I recall correctly.
Installed is Logitech Unifying Software 2.50. I did not see the word Options in the specs.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back