Convert single PO line item to multiple rows based on quantity ordered

MattsDad

Hi. I'm trying to build a process to aid our warehouse in printing barcode labels for inventory received. Currently someone has to take the PO/receiving document and manually enter the part number into a text file on a separate row for each individual piece that is received so our barcode printer can print the correct label to attach to our product.

For example, on a basic receiving document we receive 3 units of Item A and 1 unit of Item B that shows like this:
Item Qty
A 3
B 1

The warehouse worker then enters the data like this in the text file that will be printed:
A
A
A
B

The question is, can i do this in Excel 2003 on an XP box? We can easily import this data from the PO/receiving report to Excel, which I have done. I'm trying to figure out how to get Excel to create an output file either directly to a text file or to another tab in the workbook but I don't know how to instruct Excel to use one line of input as a source for more than one line of output.

I've spent several hours trying formulas to no avail. I don't know enough about VBA code to be able to write this myself. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

I'm just checking my whole orders to make sure everything is going well but i find this when i got orders with the same number which is mean that have more than product to release and I'm sorry about that conflict peter :) that why i share with you my workbook to avoid any conflicts anymore

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Too much seems to have changed from what was originally posted & suggested & I'm afraid I don't have the time to try to work out everything that you have changed.

Upvote 0
Too much seems to have changed from what was originally posted & suggested & I'm afraid I don't have the time to try to work out everything that you have changed.

im really sorry peter but this is not expected to me i already put all formulas in this sheet as per mentioned above we just need to put this kind of orders to distribute it only ones with SKU and Item description im sorry again to waste your time and this is appreciated for me and pleasure :)

Upvote 0
please peter i need it so much if you're not mind to do it. many thanks

Upvote 0
Good afternoon Peter How are you ? any good news about this request please ?

Upvote 0
Hi Peter,
If you help me to have a macro code for following format.
Row should be split based on Quantity

Sales_OrgPayerNameSold toNameShip toNameReference InvoiceCountryInvoiceBilling TypeBilling DateInvoice ItemItem CategoryPurchasePlanQuantitySales UnitUnit PriceTotal ValueHSN CodeVATCGSTSGST/UGSTIGSTMax Retail PriceRebate basisCurrencyDeliveryDelivery ItemOrder NumberOrder ItemMaterialMaterial DescriptionBrandList_PriceCurrencyPrice UnitUomList Price in Total
8080​
6337178​
C & C OPHTHALMIC
6337178​
C & C OPHTHALMIC
6337178​
C & C OPHTHALMICIN
1101139804​
F2
12/1/2023​
10​
TAN
4​
6P
1286.77​
5,147.08​
90013000​
617.64​
0​
0​
617.64​
2,410.00​
5,147.08​
INR
4030761645​
10​
2065635800​
10​
16060700​
OAS ASTIG 8.6 -2.25 -0.75/130 6P RXCYP
1,286.77​
INR
1​
6P
5,147.08​

Upvote 0
If you help me to have a macro code for following format.
Row should be split based on Quantity
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

I suggest that you start your own thread (you can provide a link to this one if you think it will actually help) and spell out your requirement in more detail. I suggest that you provide more than one row of sample data and also provide the expected results, manually filled in. Best to provide any sample data with XL2BB to make it easier for helpers to help you.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

I suggest that you start your own thread (you can provide a link to this one if you think it will actually help) and spell out your requirement in more detail. I suggest that you provide more than one row of sample data and also provide the expected results, manually filled in. Best to provide any sample data with XL2BB to make it easier for helpers to help you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chase S

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back