Converting my temp CRM file

burnedchicken

Dear Excel Forum viewers & experts,

over the years I have learned to love this forum for it's never-ending excel wisdom in time of need. Now I have come across an issue that I cannot resolve with this forum, hence time for my first post in hope of some help from some more advanced users.

The Outset:
Client activity Data is stored in a table. The first columns of the table can be ignored as they hold a lead's or contact's contact information etc. In the columns to the right of the table starts the area where I marked the activities. My question is only concerning this area.

The Data was entered to present the best graphic representation of when what happened. This was done as such:
The very first column holds the date. The date is extended over the the right. To be precise form column AG -> GI.
In the rows below (2-553) are the leads and contacts I have been working with. One row for each lead.
Let's say that taking my first client (row #2) I would contact him on 5th of August (this is when I started). In that case I would note "information mail" or something meaningful in AG2. Then five days later for instance I would recontact him by phone. I would note "phone call" in AL2.

The Task:
While this works well for what it is, I am now migrating to a real CRM system. Therefore I need to concentrate the information from this table (where the coordinates of time/activity hold the meaningful set of info) into a single cell as text. This text will then be imported into my CRM solution as text - which is fine with me.

The task is to maintain the information of activity and date combination. and exclude all combinations of date and activity where there is no activity (cell is blank).

I set this up that way because I thought I would be able to easily do that. However, this was not a smart idea to keep everything in a flat file because now I don't know how concatenate the date with the text (if there is text) in one cell for so many clients (I wanted to migrate a lot earlier).

I assume this will have to be done with VBA-which I am a complete stranger to.

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back