Coping command button

hoyos

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have copied a command button and paste it in another sheet. I have managed to change the name but the macro won’t work. When right clicking the button I don’t get properties in the drop down box. Is there another way of accessing properties for the command button?

In that case I see no reason why it shouldn't work. In what way isn't it working & do you get any error messages?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Another thought, where is the code located, is it in a standard module, or a sheet module?

Upvote 0
In that case I see no reason why it shouldn't work. In what way isn't it working & do you get any error messages?
Button1 is not showing current period it's stuck on "0" I,ve tried sending you a copy using XL2BB but it doesn't show the buttons. Any idea how to get over this?

Upvote 0
What is in AB18 & also can you answer my question from post#12, which you may not have seen, as we posted at the same time.

Upvote 0
1636057752783.png

Upvote 0
It’s in a standard module. Each period is 28 days and we have 13 periods over a year, AB18 is the reference cell for button1 to indicate which is the current period is displayed.

Upvote 0
I can see no reason why the button would show 0, Is it the "PeriodBefore" code that si attached to Button1?

Upvote 0
I can see no reason why the button would show 0, Is it the "PeriodBefore" code that si attached to Button1?
When you press either PeriodBefore or PeriodAfter that number should increase or decrease. I don’t understand why it’s not working. It does on other sheets only on one it doesn’t. I’m confused.com!!

Upvote 0
Is the correct code still assigned to the button?

Upvote 0
Is the correct code still assigned to the button?
Yes it is. Just had a thought the original button disappeared that’s why I copied the button from another sheet and pasted it on the sheet I’m working on that may be the reason why it’s not working. Your thoughts?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahmad123098

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back