Copy a particular text in a cell to other file

Dvij

Hi all, I have this working excel file (lets name it abc). I have few more files say minimum 4 workbooks and maximum 275 workbooks (bank statements in excel format) (all stored in a single folder).

Now what I want is I need to get an amount which is located in the source workbooks and copy the same in the abc excel file.

For example in in the abc file contains 301 rows of schools with unique id code (the same unique id code is available in other workbooks too.

In the abc file in column c2 i need to get bank interest amount which is located in the bank statement. Bank interest will be two times each identified with a different string like Int. Pd: 010315 to 310815 (1st part) and Int. Pd: 010915 to 290216 (2nd part). F6 contains Int. Pd: 010315 to 310815 and G6 contains 1402.50 (amount), similary F8 contains Int. Pd: 010915 to 290216 and G8 contains (3056.50) amount.

Now I want these amounts to be copied in the abc file at a particular cell say C2.

Can any one please help me.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvine

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back