Copy a specific column range from one Worksheet to a new Worksheet based of the current month.

FTMess

Hi All, I'm new to VBA and I hope this can even been done, But I have not found exactly what I'm looking for. I have one workbook (Process Scorecard) with 8 worksheets (Functional Stewardship, Month Review, A&U, C&S, Olefins, A&U Log, C&S Log, Olefins Log) On the A&U Worksheet I have data/text in cells A2:U65. Column F is where the user can input free text/Comments. In Columns I2:T2 are the Months. Example I2=Jan, J2=Feb, K2=Mar, L2=Apr, M2=May, etc. until T2=Dec. I need a macro that runs on Save/Exit To copy data in Column F3:F65 from worksheet A&U. Then copy that column in to a new worksheet called A&U Log on Column D3:D65. Which that seems simple enough to do see code below.
'Sub Copy_Specific_Columns_ToAnother_Sheet()
'Sheet3.Range("F3:F65").Copy Sheet8.Range("D3:D65")
End Sub

Sheet3 is Called A&U and Sheet8 is the A&U Log. This works fine for the 1st time, The problem I'm having is that I want to copy/paste the data to the new sheet every month base off the current month and move to the next column every month keeping the last month data. So here is how I see it working a user populates the data in sheet "A&U" in cells I3:I65, and wrights Comments in Column F3:F65 for the month of Jan. when the user saves/exits it copy column F3:F65 from the "A&U" worksheet to Column D3:D65 on the "A&U Log worksheet for the month of Jan. Then the next month Feb. it copies the New Data from "A&U" column F3:F65 and Paste Feb data to Column E3:E65 on the A&U Log and repeats for each month until the end of the year. On the A&U Log worksheet Column headers are in D1:D2 through O1:O2
A&U worksheet​
1651723342446.png

A&U Log​
1651723446267.png

I hope this help please ask questions if needed.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back