Copy and paste not the same size

Tucker92

Board Regular
I have been trying to copy and paste selected filtered columns from one work book to another but i keep getting the same error about them not being the same size. I can copy and paste them manually but it wont let me do it through my vba code.

Can anyone please take a look and let me know if it is possible and what i have done wrong

Thank you

Here is my code

Code:
 Sub Copy_12Met_WTL()

Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim Vac As Worksheet
    Set Vac = Application.Workbooks("Vac AC").Sheets("12 Metal")
    Set ws = Application.ActiveSheet

Dim str As String
    str = "12""MET"

ws.Range("WTL").AutoFilter field:=3, Criteria1:="=*" & str & "*", VisibleDropDown:=True
If ws.ListObjects("WTL").Range.Columns(1).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Count > 1 Then

Dim data_end_row_number As Long
    Dim nxt As Long
     data_end_row_number = ws.Range("A3").End(xlDown).Row
     nxt = Vac.Range("A2").End(xlDown).Row + 1

ws.Range("D" & data_end_row_number).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).copy Destination:=Workbooks("Vac AC").Sheets("12 Metal").Range("B" & nxt)
            ws.Range("A" & data_end_row_number).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).copy Destination:=Workbooks("Vac AC").Sheets("12 Metal").Range("A" & nxt)
            ws.Range("E" & data_end_row_number).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).copy Destination:=Workbooks("Vac AC").Sheets("12 Metal").Range("F" & nxt)

Else
    MsgBox "No Carry Over For 12 Metal Line"
            End If
    End Sub

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
and with

Code:
[COLOR=#333333]ws.Range("D" & data_end_row_number).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).copy
[/COLOR]application.goto [COLOR=#333333]Workbooks("Vac AC").Sheets("12 Metal").Range("B" & nxt)
[/COLOR]activesheet.paste
?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Only issue is that because the workbook that im using has a different name each day and week it needs to stay as the active workbook and i don't know how to go back to it after

Upvote 0
If you don't know future name, dim a workbook and when you are in this workbook without specific name, set your object as activeworkbook

Code:
Dim Wb As Workbook
Set Wb = ActiveWorkbook

'Your code from one workbook to another
Wb.ws.Range("D" & data_end_row_number).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy
Application.Goto Workbooks("Vac AC").Sheets("12 Metal").Range("B" & nxt)
ActiveSheet.Paste

Wb.Activate

Upvote 0
this seems to work but copies the whole spread sheet, empty cells in all across down to the last row on the page and im not sure why

Code:
Sub Copy_12Met_WTL()

Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim Vac As Worksheet
Dim Wb As Workbook

Set Wb = Application.ActiveWorkbook
    Set Vac = Application.Workbooks("Vac AC").Sheets("12 Metal")
    Set ws = Application.ActiveSheet

Dim str As String
    str = "12""MET"

ws.Range("WTL").AutoFilter field:=3, Criteria1:="=*" & str & "*", VisibleDropDown:=True
If ws.ListObjects("WTL").Range.Columns(1).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Count > 1 Then

Dim data_end_row_number As Long
    Dim nxt As Long

data_end_row_number = ws.Range("A3").End(xlDown).Row
     nxt = Vac.Range("A2").End(xlDown).Row + 1

ws.Range("A" & data_end_row_number).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).copy
            Workbooks("Vac AC").Sheets("12 Metal").Activate
            Range("A" & nxt).Select
            ActiveSheet.Paste

Else
    MsgBox "No Carry Over For 12 Metal Line"
            End If
    End Sub

Upvote 0
Is your filter right? You filter on 12"MET without space between but a " and whatever comes before of after it?
Basically after te macro is run, the WTL range looks as you wish?

Upvote 0
Yea the filter works fine and clears out what i dont want but then i copies all the columns instead of just the A and also it doesn't just go down to the row i want it copies all down to the bottom of the spreadsheet itself.

But when i go into debugging mode it gives the correct row numbers for both the data_end_row and nxt. Im very confused

Upvote 0
Yea the filter works fine and clears out what i dont want but then i copies all the columns instead of just the A and also it doesn't just go down to the row i want it copies all down to the bottom of the spreadsheet itself.

But when i go into debugging mode it gives the correct row numbers for both the data_end_row and nxt. Im very confused

Then the copy line is wrong.

If you need visible cells from A3 to the last cell
Code:
[COLOR=#333333]ws.Range(cells(3,[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]"A" [/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]),cells(data_end_row_number,[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]"A" )[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).copy[/COLOR]
should work

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
p17tootie

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back