copy and paste text issue

dotpsn

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there - I am copy and pasting data from a website (player statistics) and have a Median(IF statement set up that works great, however I am having issues when typing my player name (which is used as the 'if'). I have no worries when copying the player's name and pasting from the raw data into the a3 cell the reference is currently set up for, but if I type the player name (exactly the same, time and time again), I get #NUM! error on the pending formulas because the initial median(if formula cannot find the player in the raw data - even though it is absolutely there.
I also have issues when searching the raw data for players names. Often times they will not show up - leading me to think that there is obviously something askew in the raw data names, however I have no way of finding it and have combed through with my arrows keys to count spaces etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Example - here is a pivot used from the raw data that shows David Fifita appearing twice - I added both a copied version from the raw data and my own typed version. There is 0 difference between the two on any other platform that I try.
Interesting to note that both of the David Fifita's in question are seperated by David Klemmer. The typed David Fifita is the bottom version.
GP stands for Games Played and is simply a count for the number of times the name is shown, which means in theory David Fifita should go to 2, not two seperate 1's.

1688448528101.png

Hi there - I am copy and pasting data from a website (player statistics) and have a Median(IF statement set up that works great, however I am having issues when typing my player name (which is used as the 'if'). I have no worries when copying the player's name and pasting from the raw data into the a3 cell the reference is currently set up for, but if I type the player name (exactly the same, time and time again), I get #NUM! error on the pending formulas because the initial median(if formula cannot find the player in the raw data - even though it is absolutely there.
I also have issues when searching the raw data for players names. Often times they will not show up - leading me to think that there is obviously something askew in the raw data names, however I have no way of finding it and have combed through with my arrows keys to count spaces etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Upvote 0
If you put the code below in a standard module and run it with the problem sheet active, does the issue disappear ?

VBA Code:
Sub RemoveCode8203()

ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Replace ChrW(8203), ""

End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlckr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back