Copy formulas into new sheet with same local references without referring to parent sheet

Cherio

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi!

I created a template with a bunch of formulas that I want to copy to another worksheet. Some of the formulas in the template refer to sheets locally in the .xsl file, for example: "='Results N1'!Q1".

What I want to do is for the formulas to function as they do in the template, to copy what is in the "Results N1" into another window called "To Drive".
1681215785262.png

What happens instead is that when I copy the template into another workfile with another name, it refers BACK to the parent workfile with square brackets [].
I have tried to do a "Find and Replace all" on the [] but when I click "Replace all" a window pops up wanting me to refer to a worksheet. If i refuse, the cell is filled with "#REF". If I delete the cell, and type in "='Results N1'Q1!'", it still wants me to refer to the original worksheet.

I have tried to go to Data -> Edit Links -> and refer to the worksheet I am copying to. It still does not work.

Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoom82

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back