Copy from one table to the end of another using structured references

sspatriots

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good morning,

Not sure where I've gone wrong with the code below that uses structured table references. I'm trying to piece this together from another code that I already have that used to copy information from a worksheet table directly to a Userform. I'm trying to modify this code to copy 3 cells in a worksheet table row from a table called "Parts_Orders" on the similarly named worksheet called "Parts Orders" (via row selection using an "Application.InputBox" to select a cell in the second or third column of a particular row) and add it to the last row of a table called "COMM_In_Production" on another worksheet with the similar name of the table called "COMM - In Production". Any help with digging myself out of this one would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, SS

VBA Code:
Sub AddItemToCOMMPRODSCHED()

Dim WB As Workbook
   Dim Ws1 As Worksheet
   Dim Ws2 As Worksheet
   Dim tb1 As ListObject
   Dim tb2 As ListObject
   Dim r As Long
   Dim lr As Long
   Dim c As Long

Set WB = ThisWorkbook

Set Ws1 = WB.Sheets("Parts Orders") 'Worksheet the Source Table is on
   Set Ws2 = WB.Sheets("COMM - In Production") 'Worksheet the Destination Table is on

Set tb1 = Ws1.ListObjects("Parts_Orders") 'Source Table
   Set tb2 = Ws2.ListObjects("COMM_In_Production")  'Destination Table

On Error Resume Next
Set myRange = Application.InputBox(Prompt:="Please click on the Estimate # or Part Description/(Job Name) you want to move to the 'COMM - In Production' Job List", _
Title:="Select Row", Type:=8)

r = myRange.Row
c = myRange.Column
If myRange Is Nothing Then Exit Sub

S_name = Cells(r, "C")
F_name = Cells(r, "B")
MSG1 = MsgBox("Move Estimate #: " & F_name & ", Part Description: " & S_name, vbYesNo)
If MSG1 = vbNo Then Exit Sub

lr = Ws2.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row + 1

With tb2

For r = 1 To tb1.DataBodyRange.Rows.Count

If tb1.ListColumns("Estimate #").DataBodyRange.Cells(r).Value = tb2.ListColumns("Job #").DataBodyRange.Cells(lr).Value Then

.ListColumns("Job #").DataBodyRange.Cells(lr).Value = tb1.ListColumns("Estimate #").DataBodyRange.Cells(r).Value
            .ListColumns("Job Name").DataBodyRange.Cells(lr).Value = tb1.ListColumns("Part Description/Job Name (If APPL)").DataBodyRange.Cells(r).Value
            .ListColumns("Folder Due Date").DataBodyRange.Cells(lr).Value = tb1.ListColumns("Due Date").DataBodyRange.Cells(r).Value

Exit For

End If

Next

End With

End Sub

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Try this:
VBA Code:
Sub AddItemToCOMMPRODSCHED()

Dim PartsTable As ListObject, COMMTable As ListObject
    Dim SelectedPart As Range
    Dim PartRow As Range
    Dim NewCOMMRow As ListRow

Set PartsTable = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Parts Orders").ListObjects("Parts_Orders") 'Source Table
    Set COMMTable = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("COMM - In Production").ListObjects("COMM_In_Production")  'Destination Table

On Error Resume Next
    Set SelectedPart = Application.InputBox(Prompt:="Please click on the Estimate # or Part Description/(Job Name) you want to move to the 'COMM - In Production' Job List", _
    On Error GoTo 0
    If SelectedPart Is Nothing Then Exit Sub

If SelectedPart.Row >= PartsTable.DataBodyRange.Row And SelectedPart.Row <= PartsTable.DataBodyRange.Row + PartsTable.DataBodyRange.Rows.Count - 1 Then    
        Set PartRow = PartsTable.ListRows(SelectedPart.Row - PartsTable.DataBodyRange.Row + 1).Range
        If MsgBox("Move Estimate #: " & PartRow(, "B").Value & ", Part Description: " & PartRow(, "C").Value, vbYesNo) = vbYes Then
            Set NewCOMMRow = COMMTable.ListRows.Add
            PartRow.Copy NewCOMMRow.Range
        End If        
    Else    
        MsgBox "Not copied - selected cell is outside Parts_Orders table data", vbExclamation    
    End If

End Sub

Upvote 0
Thanks for preparing and sharing this. Is it possible to just copy 3 values from the selected row and to the destination table that has different column headings? That is what I was trying to accomplish with the part of the code I had below. However, no matter what I did with that part of my code it came back as nothing.

The values that I'm trying to copy are columns B, C & S in my source table and columns A, B & Q in my destination table.

VBA Code:
            tb2.ListColumns("Job #").DataBodyRange.Cells(lr).Value = tb1.ListColumns("Estimate #").DataBodyRange.Cells(r).Value
            tb2.ListColumns("Job Name").DataBodyRange.Cells(lr).Value = tb1.ListColumns("Part Description/Job Name (If APPL)").DataBodyRange.Cells(r).Value
            tb2.ListColumns("Folder Due Date").DataBodyRange.Cells(lr).Value = tb1.ListColumns("Due Date").DataBodyRange.Cells(r).Value

Upvote 0
How about this:
VBA Code:
Public Sub AddItemToCOMMPRODSCHED2()

Dim PartsTable As ListObject, COMMTable As ListObject
    Dim SelectedPart As Range
    Dim NewCOMMRow As ListRow
    Dim r As Long

Set PartsTable = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Parts Orders").ListObjects("Parts_Orders") 'Source Table
    Set COMMTable = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("COMM - In Production").ListObjects("COMM_In_Production")  'Destination Table

On Error Resume Next
    Set SelectedPart = Application.InputBox(Prompt:="Please click on the Estimate # or Part Description/(Job Name) you want to move to the 'COMM - In Production' Job List", _
    On Error GoTo 0
    If SelectedPart Is Nothing Then Exit Sub

r = SelectedPart.Row - PartsTable.DataBodyRange.Row + 1

If SelectedPart.Row >= PartsTable.DataBodyRange.Row And r <= PartsTable.DataBodyRange.Rows.Count Then        
        If MsgBox("Move Estimate #: " & PartsTable.DataBodyRange(r, PartsTable.ListColumns("Estimate #").Index).Value & _
                  ", Part Description: " & PartsTable.DataBodyRange(r, PartsTable.ListColumns("Part Description/Job Name (If APPL)").Index).Value, vbYesNo) = vbYes Then
            Set NewCOMMRow = COMMTable.ListRows.Add
            With COMMTable
                .DataBodyRange(NewCOMMRow.Index, .ListColumns("Job #").Index).Value = PartsTable.DataBodyRange(r, PartsTable.ListColumns("Estimate #").Index).Value
                .DataBodyRange(NewCOMMRow.Index, .ListColumns("Job Name").Index).Value = PartsTable.DataBodyRange(r, PartsTable.ListColumns("Part Description/Job Name (If APPL)").Index).Value
                .DataBodyRange(NewCOMMRow.Index, .ListColumns("Folder Due Date").Index).Value = PartsTable.DataBodyRange(r, PartsTable.ListColumns("Due Date").Index).Value
            End With
        End If        
    Else    
        MsgBox "Not copied - selected cell is outside Parts_Orders table data", vbExclamation    
    End If

End Sub

Upvote 0
Solution
Perfect. Thank you so much. What I was trying to do was much longer than what you have here and I couldn't even get there with what I had.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back