Copy from workbook to workbook wlth VBA

rspalding

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I need help copying from 1 workbook to another. I want this code to read cell C1 for the wokbook name to open and then copy a list of cells from sheet 1 into the same cells sheet 1 in a different workbook identified by C5.

Thanks for your help,

Robert

John,

What is the proper code get it to see the sheet named "Estimate"? Also, how can I get to say yes on the update when opening the retrieved workbook?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
This question still needs to be answered:
What do you have in cells B1, B2, and B3 of the worksheet named "Main"?
That is where your code is picking up the name for the Path of the workbook to open. (B1)
The workbook name. (B2)
The Worksheet name to copy to. (B3)

Nories best guess at what you have on your page, (see thread #15), suggests you have the worksheet name of "Estimate" for both your Source and Target workbooks listed in cells B4 and D4 of a worksheet. Your code assumes that the name of that worksheet is "Main". You have not let us know if this is true or not.

Your code also sets the name of the Source workbook to "ActiveSheet.Name". That will be whatever worksheet was active the last time the workbook was opened.
If you want to use what you have in cell D4 as the source worksheet, change your code like this for that variable:
Code:
SourceWS = Sheets("Main").Range("D4")

As far as eliminating the update prompt, try adding code lines like this:
Code:
'Turn Alerts OFF
Application.DisplayAlerts = False

'Your code here...

'Turn Alerts back ON
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

Upvote 0
John,

B1, B2 and B3 are the location, target and destination. I still need to direct to the proper workshhet on the workbook being opened. There are multiple sheets and it needs to be deirected to "Estimate". I tried ActiveSheet = ("estimate") but it didn't work.

Robert

Upvote 0
What is "location", a path, workbook name, worksheet name?
Wouldn't "target" and "destination" be the same thing? Maybe one is the workbook name and the other the worksheet name.
That is why I have asked several times, "What do you have in cells B1, B2, and B3 of the worksheet named "Main"?"

You do not want to use "SourceWS = ActiveSheet.Name", as that will copy from the worksheet that was the last sheet the workbook was open to when it was last saved.

Make sure your source worksheet variable is assigned like this:
Code:
SourceWB = Sheets("Main").Range("D4")
Where cell D4 contains the text "Estimate". If the source sheetname is in a different cell, adjust the code accordingly.

Upvote 0
John,

Sorry that I didn't e-mail you back yesterday to tell you all is working except for the "Turn off Alerts". This is actually an Update Links which I want to do.
If you could give me some diection I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Robert

Upvote 0
John,

Here is the code i added and it did what was needed.

With Workbooks.Open(SourcePath & "\" & SourceWB, False)

.Close , False

No update to links or when closing the workbook.

Thanks for the help. I'm sure I'll have more questions later.

Robert

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrcsbenson

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back