copy & paste range of cells to another sheet based on date criteria

Kravex

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

I'm trying to figure a way to copy a range of cells to another sheet but only if the date is greater than the current date. I need the sheet to do this from one sheet to the next on a daily basis.

I think automation is always preferrable to manual, in that:
- it reduces the possibility of human errors
- should save lots of time in the long run

There is a little bit of time investment initially to code it, but after that it should run much faster than doing it manually every time.
I could probably come up with the code to do it, but would want to do that from my own home computer where I can download your file (instead of trying to manually recreate it on my end).

Would you like the VBA code to create the sheet needed, as run-time, or will all the sheets for the month already be created before the Macro is run?
Note to that we might be able to incorporate this logic (whether done by VBA code or manually): How to copy data to another worksheet with Advanced Filter in Excel?

yes very true and once it works it makes the time invested to make it work worthwhile. The sheets for the month will be created already. Can the advanced filter logic incorporate multiple cell values or would that involve vba to do so? Sorry if that sounds like a noob question but I'm not familiar enough with vba to know what can be done.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
The file you uploaded seems to have two daily sheets (9/1 and 9/2), but not the main data sheet where all the data is coming from.
Where is that located?
Should that be in this same file, or another file?
Or perhaps I am not understanding this correctly.

Upvote 0
The file you uploaded seems to have two daily sheets (9/1 and 9/2), but not the main data sheet where all the data is coming from.
Where is that located?
Should that be in this same file, or another file?
Or perhaps I am not understanding this correctly.
no data sheet as everything will be input daily which is why I am looking for a way to carry over stayover vehicles to the next sheet

Upvote 0
no data sheet as everything will be input daily which is why I am looking for a way to carry over stayover vehicles to the next sheet
OK, that was no what I was thinking at all.
Do you envision this carryover happening BEFORE or AFTER the daily data is going to be entered?
That answer could eliminate some of the options I was thinking off.
(All things equal this whole thing would be much easier in Microsoft Access where you simply enter all the data in the main table, and the query would just return all records meeting the criteria).

Upvote 0
OK, that was no what I was thinking at all.
Do you envision this carryover happening BEFORE or AFTER the daily data is going to be entered?
That answer could eliminate some of the options I was thinking off.
(All things equal this whole thing would be much easier in Microsoft Access where you simply enter all the data in the main table, and the query would just return all records meeting the criteria).
data from previous day will carry over before new data is entered, ooh I did not realize access could do that; I'll have a look into it

Upvote 0
data from previous day will carry over before new data is entered, ooh I did not realize access could do that; I'll have a look into it
Yeah, if you can use Access it would be much easier. You would not have to do anything to carry the data over. You just have one query on the one table that uses the current date as the criteria.

Upvote 0
Solution
Yeah, if you can use Access it would be much easier. You would not have to do anything to carry the data over. You just have one query on the one table that uses the current date as the criteria.
thanks I'll look into that

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zimcho

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back