Copy the fill format from another cell fill which is based on a formula

Jackman1

Hi all,

I've seen several post regarding this issue I haven't found one to sort my particular issue.

I have many worksheets linked to several reports CSV data which detail stock positions as per the attached image. In this example "8246076" Worksheet is one of the multiple, all worksheets have a quick reference with data listed in the "Overall Summary" worksheet from a simple link (eg Apr-22 ='8246076'!R7) which has formatted text via a simple conditional format, based on the severity of the requirement (eg green text good, orange text warning, red text would be critical).

What I'm trying to achieve is the offline review which alerts to when a new order is required, in this example "8246076" Worksheet R3 is highlighted yellow based on the "Tentative" detailed cell in V3, and lead time in B4 via conditional format formula used in the entire row : =OFFSET(O3,0,$B$3,1,1)="Tentative", outcome fill YELLOW.

**The fill in R7 is not critical and is me trying to fix the issue detailed below as this is the direct link noted above**

I'm trying to replicate this same YELLOW fill in the "Overall Summary" Worksheet (eg fill cell R4 in yellow), at the moment every worksheet (ie "8246076") has to be checked to see if there is a requirement, currently this are 90 worksheets which is ever growing, having this same format added to the quick summary sheet will really help.

As the YELLOW fill in "8246076" is the result of a formula, a simple paste conditional format doesn't work or format painter. If not possible via conditional format without having to add another OFFSET formula on "Overall Summary" and linked to every worksheet (eg bespoke formula for each =OFFSET('8246076'!O3,0,'8246076'!$B$3,1,1)="Tentative", outcome fill YELLOW *this formula may not be correct :) ), is there another copy and paste or conditional format that could be used could VBA be an option as this would assist with firstly the update but then any new additional items?

As always, thanks for any support you can offer, any questions please ask.

Jackman

Attachments

• Example.png
    Example.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 23

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
I can basically copy a link of the tentative row 3 from each individual worksheet, and paste into the summary worksheet, then use the OFFSET formula. These links can then be hidden. I'm just hoping there maybe there is a quicker work around.

thanks again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sravya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back