Copying array values and pasting to a range

minishep

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there,

I have compiled an array of names of players, and would like to set up a button click to copy each value of the array and paste the value to the column beside it.

The reason for this is that the list of players is dynamic and when I update the power query links, I would like to be able to just press the button to copy over the names instead of having to select the entire array and copy-paste.

To explain a little of what I am doing: I have a spreadsheet containing players from the years 2019, 2020, and 2021. I then created an array which compiles all unique names (i.e. displaying all players from 2019-2021 1 time each).

Now I would like to set up a table which contains specific values of each player, which I will use VLOOKUP to find. However, I cannot make a dynamic table range with an array, so I need to copy and paste the array values to cells. I would like to not have to manually copy the array values and paste them into the table.

The idea was to use a button that will do a loop through each array value and copy-paste it to a cell. Currently there are just over 1200 entries.

Thank you kindly

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
First, I would highly recommend using XLOOKUP instead of VLOOKUP.
I totally agree that not being able to use in a data Table is frustrating, however many of the functions can probably assemble the formula - probably in one cell (which is kind of too out there, but fun!).
Functions that might help are FILTER, HSTACK, VSTACK, TEXTSPLIT, TEXTJOIN, LET, and many others. As for formatting, Conditional Formatting can help the result look just like a real data Table!
Mike Girvin's video Single Cell Excel Reporting... on his ExcelIsFun YouTube channel might fit the bill.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeVol

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back