Copying Color of One Cell to a Corresponding Range of Cells

ebase131

Hey all,

I want to take a color of cell and use that color to fill a range of corresponding cells in the same row as the cell fill color. I have already done conditional formatting to get a list of cells to be a bunch of different filled colors, but I'd now like to take each color and extend it to the rest of the table and highlight each line with the corresponding color.

I've done some googling but can't seem to find anyone else with the same exact problem.

Example:

E4:E77 is my list of already color coordinated items, and they are mixed around and there are duplicates, etc. I want to take those colors and "paste" them onto the corresponding rows in the remaining cells of the table, values F4:M77. If I try to use format painter, it does not work and instead ruins all formatting for the numbers and gives the wrong coloring.

It's probably very easy (and it should be) and I'm doing it in an overly-complicated way, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Thank you for any help!

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
I have the same issue. I have in column A various percentages with color scale formatting. In column B I want the same color formatting to extend, even though the data in column B is random notations that I make changes to.
Any ideas anyone?

Upvote 0
usually format painter works..... you can highlight the cells that you wanna drag and drop to the corrisponding cells.. click and drag the + symbol or the "angry rabbit" to the cells you want.. when you let go a little option box will appear on the bottom corner, open it and click on "fill formatting only".

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lachbee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back