Copying rows based on criteria?

basicallyawesome

Office Version
  1. 365
Hi, we just got asked to turn this around by 4pm (it’s currently 12:30p here) and I have no idea how to make it happen. We have a spreadsheet that has each record on an individual row. For processing, our vendor wants A1:D1 in row 1 on their new spreadsheet and then where applicable (based on data being in E and/or F), A1, E1, in another row and A1, F1 in yet another row. And then the same for each subsequent record for our spreadsheet. We need to maintain our spreadsheet for our existing processes but also work with the vendor for their process. But I have no idea besides copying and pasting how to make this happen and was wondering if there was a way to do so with VBA? Thank you!

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Hi,

I don't think I can assist with VBA, but would you be open to using CONCAT to combine a1:d1, and a vlookup? Can you do a mini sheet so I can see what you would like to happen for E,F A1, E1?

Upvote 0
Hi,

I don't think I can assist with VBA, but would you be open to using CONCAT to combine a1:d1, and a vlookup? Can you do a mini sheet so I can see what you would like to happen for E,F A1, E1?
Unfortunately it wouldn’t download for me so I can’t up,iPad a mini sheet. But here are two screenshots To show what we have vs what they want.

Attachments

• IMG_1342.jpeg
    IMG_1342.jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1341.jpeg
    IMG_1341.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0
Unfortunately it wouldn’t download for me so I can’t up,iPad a mini sheet. But here are two screenshots To show what we have vs what they want.
I am so sorry; from the screenshots of the two sheets, it looks like they are organized in the same exact way with all column headers matching, except for the vender's sheets are possibly missing info. I cannot figure out a way to fill in the missing info from the first sheet to the second in the timeframe you have. It seems an easier option is to reorganize your columns to the way the vender wants and resave under a different file name, but I am far from an expert. I attached minisheets I made from your screenshots so hopefully one of the talented mods here can assist.

Book2
ABCDEFGH
1ID No.SpeciesResearcherStipendTagSupOP
288c108
388z1
492wrenbrennon$34c108
592gh02
692a1
7104Blue jBelcher$34m
8104oph1
9104a1
Vender sheet

Book2
ABCDEFG
1ID No.SpeciesResearcherStipendTagSupOP
288Yellow bi magpGordon$44DC108Z1
392WrenBrennan$34CGH02A1
4104Blue jBelcher$34MOph1A1
LLC

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craigus51286

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back