Correcting Chart element sizes to fill chart area (Access 2016, Win 10 x64)

Kemidan2014

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a Report shows 9 graphs of various types based on various data from a query.
My display settings are at 125% which is reccomended setting according to windows. if I set it to 100% it DOES correct the sizing however it makes everything else (desktop, other applications) much smaller so it's difficult to read for these old eyes.

is there a VBA or other solution for this? I am running Access 2016 with Windows 10 x64. I am hoping to have the best of both words, keeping my display set to 125% and filling the chart space.

I took a snap shot of a couple of the graphs and exibit the problem. you can see that theres a s sizable white space on the right and bottom portion of the graphs.
These graphs get presented weekly and monthly to our customer so we would like them to look nice (I am choosing to tackle the spacing problem before i adjust colors and schemes)

I have double clicked on the charts and try and size them but they behave funny like getting a portion of the graph cut off.

1677516387913.png

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Once again I jumped the gun and apologize for posting before being showed a solution off site.
I found that by right clicking on Access and going into Properties > Compatibility Tab > Use advance DPI settings > Checking the box to use settings for programs and then changing the setting to match my Display settings it corrects the spacing problem. so now i can resize the graphs how I need with out worrying about sizing. but I hope maybe this will help some one who had the same problem.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back