corrupt file...how to proceed?

SOQLee

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
The day finally came when an Excel file I have been refreshing in Power Query would not open in Excel 365. I have backed up the file and when I try to open the back-up I get the same message:

We found a problem with some content in 'thefilename.xlsx'. Do you want us to try to recover as much as we can? If you trust the source of this workbook click Yes.'

I clicked 'Yes'. Excel kept downloading parts of the workbook. And I get this log. What is the log trying to say?

Picture1.png

The recovered file is stripped of all pivot tables, and has no queries or connections. Is there any chance that a working file can be recovered? If there's no chance, I would still like to know how this might have happened? One week, everything was fine, then when I went to open the file, I get this...

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
I usually get this error, or something close to what you are describing, and it ends up working after I remove all of the VBA, save it again, add the VBA back, save once more.

99.9% of the time, the error of this nature that I receive has nothing to do with the power query.

Upvote 0
Further to my issue...I found this Redirecting

Has anyone every come across this issue? I'm not advance enough to troubleshoot or understand what happened.

Thanks johnny51981 for your suggestion about removing VBA...it didn't work for me

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back