Count unique and only show last odd numbers transaction

CarlT

Hey, hoping someone will be able to help me with some complex logic I'm struggling with.. ?

Please see below screenshot, I'm working on a database that has the following logic. If transaction edited, new lines created to reverse original transaction, final lines created for final transaction, for these edits, the source ID will remain the same but journal number will grow. Therefore, I can easily identify the last journal number to a source ID by using the maxifs formula. But, I only need the odd amount of instances to show. E.g. where a source ID is only linked to a count of 1,3,5,7.... journal numbers. As if it is an even amount, it is just voiding/deleting the transaction.

To clarify, in the below scenario I only want to show the journal number 5,317. But, if this line didn't exist (was only 71, and 5,316), I wouldn't want to show any. Hope this helps!
1602499288972.png

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back