Countif issues

chriscarr

Hi guys

I'm working on an order log which is relyig on some countifs to keep track of it all. The countif's I'm trying to get sorted are:

Countif a cell's date is more than 7 days historic of today's date but anything 7 days or less isn't counted.

Countif of the number of orders in different statuses based on today's date. These need to stay at the last figure when the date changes so I can track the historic movements of the orders.

The final one is to count a blank cell if a cell in another column is not blank.

I know this is a lot to ask but I was wondering if it was possible in Excel 2003.

Many thanks

Chris

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.

mole999

Office Version
  1. 2019
  2. 2016
  3. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
is it possible to add helper columns, so that The final one is to count a blank cell if a cell in another column is not blank. is evaluated in the helper, and then count the number of positive values

i.e
Code:
=IF(AND(A3="",B3>0),1,"")

then count those 1's

Aladin Akyurek

MrExcel MVP
Hi guys

I'm working on an order log which is relyig on some countifs to keep track of it all. The countif's I'm trying to get sorted are:

Countif a cell's date is more than 7 days historic of today's date but anything 7 days or less isn't counted.

Countif of the number of orders in different statuses based on today's date. These need to stay at the last figure when the date changes so I can track the historic movements of the orders.

The final one is to count a blank cell if a cell in another column is not blank.

I know this is a lot to ask but I was wondering if it was possible in Excel 2003.

Many thanks

Chris

Not very clear... Guessing that:

1)

=COUNTIF(DateRange,TODAY()-7)

2)

=SUMPRODUCT(--(DateRange=TODAY()),--(StatusRange=Status))

3)

=SUMPRODUCT(--(RangeWithBlanks=""),--(OtherRange<>""))

Advise. Be specific: Provide a small sample along with the desired result(s).

Hope this helps...

chriscarr

Hi Aladin

Thanks for those, I've tried to attach the report I'm working on but my PC wouldn;t allow it.

1. Could you change this on to include point 3, so that if D is not blank but L is and the date in column K is more that 7 days prior to today it counts it?

2. If the summary of a status is C4 and the record for today is F5, could you adjust the formula accordingly for me? I can ammend it once it's in sheet. Will this keep the previous days data in there?

3. My summary sheet needs to count the blank cells in column L if there is an entry in column D for today's date.

Thanks for your help.

Chris

Aladin Akyurek

MrExcel MVP
Hi Aladin

Thanks for those, I've tried to attach the report I'm working on but my PC wouldn;t allow it.

1. Could you change this on to include point 3, so that if D is not blank but L is and the date in column K is more that 7 days prior to today it counts it?

Is it...
Code:
=SUMPRODUCT(
    --($D$2:$D$100 <> ""),
    --($L$2:$L$100 = ""),
    --($K$2:$K$100 < TODAY()-7))

2. If the summary of a status is C4 and the record for today is F5, could you adjust the formula accordingly for me? I can ammend it once it's in sheet. Will this keep the previous days data in there?

The date range is in K (see previous specs of yours). Where is the status range?

3. My summary sheet needs to count the blank cells in column L if there is an entry in column D for today's date.

Looks like...

=SUMPRODUCT(--($L$2:$L$100=""),--($D$2:$D$100<>""),--($K$2:$K$100=F5))

where F5 houses

=TODAY()

Is this even close?

If not, you need to specify the ranges pricisely and the conditions they must satisfy...

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mafu1267

This Week's Hot Topics

• Change military grades into rank
    Afternoon all Need help with formula that will change military rank (i.e. 1, 2, 3 into Amn, A1C, SrA). Running IF formula that does not work...
  • VBA COUNTIF SOLUTION
    Hi The following are the errors spread across the several columns from E to Q ie. 13 columns across several sheets with more than 500 rows per...
  • INSERT ROW WITH SPECIFIS TEXT IN A COLUMN
    Hi All! How can identify that that the row to be inserted has to be inserted before 1st row with specific text in column F. If I record the...
  • Auto-Create a monthly Sign in sheet for preschool students
    The image below is what each page looks like. Above is space for the "Child Name" "Month" "Class" School days are obviously Monday-Friday but...
  • VBA vlookup multiple results
    Hi folks, Hopefully someone out there can help. I have a list to vlookup which works (ish). the lookup only picks up the first instance of the...
  • Extract values for earliest/latest times
    I am trying to put together a formula to get the earliest start time, the latest end time from column A for each person in Column B-F without the...