Counting, by years

ollyhughes1982

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi,

Please see attached link, where I am trying to solve my last query relating to my parkrun spreadsheet. This one is essentially 4 separate worksheets but all doing essentially the same calculation, but for different amounts:

- In the ‘All Completed Runs - B Obs’ worksheet ('Bronze Obsessive'), I want to record all years (and the total amount) where I have done 30-39 parkruns in the year

- In the ‘All Completed Runs - S Obs’ worksheet ('Silver Obsessive'), I want to record all years (and the total amount) where I have done 40-49 parkruns in the year

- In the ‘All Completed Runs - G Obs’ worksheet ('Gold Obsessive'), I want to record all years (and the total amount) where I have done 50-54 parkruns in the year

- In the ‘All Completed Runs - P Obs’ worksheet ('Platinum Obsessive'), I want to record all years (and the total amount) where I have done 55+ parkruns in the year

I have manually entered in the data, so you can see what should be populated.

Link: parkrun - My parkrun Record (Obsessives).xlsx

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
For bronze how about
=UNIQUE(FILTER('All Completed Runs'!AJ3:AJ2002,(COUNTIF('All Completed Runs'!AJ3:AJ2002,'All Completed Runs'!AJ3:AJ2002)>=30)*(COUNTIF('All Completed Runs'!AJ3:AJ2002,'All Completed Runs'!AJ3:AJ2002)<=39)))
and
=COUNTIF('All Completed Runs'!AJ3:AJ2002,A3#)

Upvote 0
Yep, that worked and seems to work with the adjusted ranges in silver as well, but something goes wrong in gold. It gives me 1774 in column B? Likely because I haven't achieved this one yet? What will the formula change to for Platinum, when it just needs to be greater than or equal to, but no upper limit?

Upvote 0
You can change the formula in A to
=UNIQUE(FILTER('All Completed Runs'!AJ3:AJ2002,(COUNTIF('All Completed Runs'!AJ3:AJ2002,'All Completed Runs'!AJ3:AJ2002)>=50)*(COUNTIF('All Completed Runs'!AJ3:AJ2002,'All Completed Runs'!AJ3:AJ2002)<=54),"None"))

Upvote 0
And for platinum
=UNIQUE(FILTER('All Completed Runs'!AJ3:AJ2002,(COUNTIF('All Completed Runs'!AJ3:AJ2002,'All Completed Runs'!AJ3:AJ2002)>=55)*('All Completed Runs'!AJ3:AJ2002<>""),"None"))

Upvote 0
That all worked perfectly. Thanks so much for all of your help with this. Much appreciated!

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0
Hi. Now that I have completed all of the solutions for the individual worksheets in my workbook, it has thrown out a few of my calculations on the 'All Completed Runs - Summary'. I wonder whether you might be able to help with these. There only seem to be around 7 that have gone astray. I have highlighted them in red and put what the result should be on the right-hand side.

Link: parkrun - My parkrun Record - WORKING.xlsx

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
For B81 try
=COUNTIF('All Completed Runs - Alphabet'!B3:B200,"?*")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back