Create database???

coccio

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
I have info stored in excel and I want to create a database where I have a search box and I can search the database and display the information on my search. I want to create a software product... I know how I want to design the look of it but I don’t know how to create it so it functions. I don’t need to have it accessible to the internet I want it to sit on my desktop as a stand alone software product. So I can type a key work and the information that I want to see is available from the database anyone have suggest how I can achieve this? Do I need to things like Programming Language: C++ & Widget Toolkit: wxWidgets or QT & Database: firebird or sqlite? How can I achieve this?

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Do you actually need a new application? You can search Excel pretty efficiently using filters and a bit of VBA code.
If everything is in one list, and you don't have tens of thousands of records, a database will most likely be overkill.

Unless I missed the point...

Denis

Upvote 0
I see your point hat might be the best way to go. How would I go about to to create a search box in excel. VBA code?

Do you actually need a new application? You can search Excel pretty efficiently using filters and a bit of VBA code.
If everything is in one list, and you don't have tens of thousands of records, a database will most likely be overkill.

Unless I missed the point...

Denis

Upvote 0
if you are not willing to use excel & vba, you can start learning and developing your software with delphi or visual basic. And you can use mySQL database

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back