Create IF Formula That Skips Over Cell Value if Cell Contains Two Amounts Added Together

KMH23

Good afternoon,

I work for a property management company that does not use property management software; we only use Excel to record rents, etc.

I created a formula in our glossary that searches all base rents for the maximum base rent per unit type =MAX(IF(C$8:C$218=21,F$8:F$218)). I also created a formula in the market rate column that states if this unit is this type, return this dollar as the current market rate for all of these unit types =IF(C8=21,$H$235)+IF(C8=22,$H$236).

Here is where I am having an issue:

In one of our regions, we can charge a temporary additional occupant fee of let's say $150 per month. Should the base rent plus the $150 now exceed the highest market rate for this unit, the market rate should not change for this temporary increase in market due to this fee. When we have an additional occupant, the base rent cell reads base rent + additional occupant fee.

Is there a formula that I can add to the ones above that will exclude the value of cells with two numbers being added together? Or is there a better work around?

Thanks so much,

Kathryn

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Would you use XL2BB to show a few examples? Also, in your profile, please indicate what version of Excel you run. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back