Create sheets and copy data based on value of a column

strangebiscuit

I've got weekly reports that are lists of sales made by various reps. Each row lists a separate sale and it's associated data including the rep who made the sale. I need a script that creates a separate sheet for each rep listed and copies all the sales made by that rep onto the appropriate sheet.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
I've got weekly reports that are lists of sales made by various reps. Each row lists a separate sale and it's associated data including the rep who made the sale. I need a script that creates a separate sheet for each rep listed and copies all the sales made by that rep onto the appropriate sheet.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Strangebiscuit, Welcome to MrExcel Forum. We who respond to those who seek help cannot see your worksheets unless you post a screen shot or include a link to a share server somewhere on the web. An alternative is to give a good narrative description of the data layout by columns and rows, explaining which type data is in which columns (letters) or rows (numbers). There is other useful information on posting in one of the sticky threads that appear at the top of each page of the Excel Questions on this site. Some of the information you might want to check out is the add ins available that allow you to post screen shots of your worksheets and the use of tags to help keep your code formatted when posting. I am sure your issue is resolvable, but there is too much information missing to attempt a solution at present.

Upvote 0
strangebiscuit,

Welcome to the MrExcel forum.

What version of Excel and Windows are you using?

Can you post a screenshot of the actual raw data worksheet, and, post a screenshot of the worksheet results (manually formatted by you) that you are looking for?

To post your data, you can download and install one of the following two programs:
Excel Jeanie
MrExcel HTML Maker

Or, when using Internet Explorer, just put borders around your data in Excel and copy those cells into your post.
See reply #2 the BLUE text in the following link:
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/444901-how-create-table-like-aladin.html#post2198045

If you are not able to give us screenshots:
You can upload your workbook to Box Net,
sensitive data changed
mark the workbook for sharing
and provide us with a link to your workbook.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back