Creating a Create UserForm Add In for Excel for Mac OS

Geremias Fontes

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi Everybody, I'm new here. I work with Mac and I started study Excel for Mac (version 2019 for Mac) earlier this year and I faced many limitation but I like challenges. I soon as I discovered the UserForm limitation I started doing a research about it and discovered that UserForm exist in Excel for Mac but it is not correctly implemented. In my research i found a way to create a UserForm directly from Mac without the need of going to windows to do it.
I'm developing everything with VBA and I'd like to created an Add-in in which you inside you own Excel document will be capable to create a UserForm.
My question is: First: I don't know how to create an Add-In using my VBA code. Can I have some direction on where to start?
Second: Is it possible to earn money in case my Add-in really solves this limitation of Excel for Mac?

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
Now it worked... the images were too large. Sorry.

Attachments

• Foto1.jpg
    Foto1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 134
  • Foto2.jpg
    Foto2.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 133
Upvote 0
Any luck with this project? I am running into the same issue with user forms and would love a viable solution.

Upvote 0
Any luck with this project? I am running into the same issue with user forms and would love a viable solution.
I’ve just about completed what I think can be a useful add-in that works on Mac and windows OS, it’s written entirely in VBA.
You'd probably be able to use something like this if your forms are needed for data entry, searches etc.
I’d like to share it, but I’m actually looking for a few people to give it a test-drive before making it publicly available for free download. If interested, please DM I can send you a link and a password to download.

In the early 2000s I think; Excel author and MVP John Walkenbach did a similar form to enhance the built-in Excel Data form. This one seeks to provide that functionality and quite a bit more.

You can automatically launch Forms from any data table in 1 click without any preliminary setup.

Form appearance and behavior can easily be customised via point and click interface.

The forms are Dynamic, Resizable and generated with a single click - No coding required.

They allow you to Add, Edit , Delete Data. They are synchronized with Excel Filters , Enforce Data validation rules on forms , include Intelligent Data-driven control types.

There’s a Browse/Find window with dynamic search Form to quickly navigate and find Table Data

Also a quick report generator – Click and Choose columns and Generate a report

There's an advanced option to generate actual forms in the Visual Basic Editor that are customizable.
A quick look can be seen here:

Would welcome any feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back