Creating Folder and Hyperlink using user-defined input cell

greeca

Hi All,

I'm creating a worksheet which allows users to input progress against a project via a checklist system, which in turn updates a summary worksheet giving basic data from user inputs. I've got the spreadsheet itself working alright but I am now trying to create a Macro which both creates a blank folder using a user selected cell as the name and then creates a hyperlink within the worksheet to the newly created folder.

The full process would be as follows:

• User creates a new project column in the worksheet, giving the project a unique ID number in row 3.
  • The user then presses a button which has a macro that:
    • Prompts the user to select the correct cell with the ID number for the newly created project column.
    • Creates an empty folder in the 'main project' directory with the ID number as its name.
    • Creates a hyperlink to the newly created folder at the bottom of the relevant project column.
  • The user can then fill in the checklist as the project progresses and they can also access any files related to the project via the hyperlink to the project folder.

I don't know if it would be easier, when creating the hyperlink, to prompt the user to select the cell in which to place the link or to automatically have the link created at the bottom of the column (row 44).

For clarity I am using Windows XP and Excel 2003.

Any help you can offer on this would be appreciated.

Carl

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBFrieds

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back