Creating List of 25 "Journal" Entries Depending on data entered

tbonesmith66

I have created a spreadsheet for property managers to input the rents they collect each month. Each building has a different amount of apartments, and sometimes people don't pay on time. I want to make it where EXACTLY 25 journal entries print on each page. For instance, on one tab, there would be the rent roll for the entire building...let's say it has 88 units. Let's say 81 people pay rent and the property manager enters the amounts paid for each unit. The 7 people that didn't pay are scattered throughout the unit numbers, for instance apartments 5,9,12,45,60,63, and 78. After the manager enters the information on the master rent roll, I would need some type of code that iterates down the list and then creates lists of 25 "journal" sheets ready to print. The journal sheets cannot have blank spaces where those units didn't pay. In the example above, four journal sheets would be created (perhaps on different tabs or on the same tab) that are ready to print. The first three journals would have 25 entries and the fourth journal would have 25 lines, however only 6 lines would have information (81 people paid minus 75 people on the first three journal sheets = 6 left for the fourth sheet).

I've provided a link below to the version I've created. If you hit print preview, it shows how it should look...25 lines. On the "Rent Journal" tab, the print section is B1-O33.

The summary of the main issue I'm dealing with is when somebody doesn't pay, I don't want them to show up on the journal that's printed. Contrarily, I also don't want to manually type in the tenant information each month based on who has paid and who has not paid.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!!

Link to download my project http://www.silist.com/re/Journal.xls

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mr_ordinaryboy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back