Cross referencing data based on criteria into a new worksheet

MegEri

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello! I am building up a database for a lawn care company - I am trying to set up a workbook that will work as a way to schedule and keep track of our customers services.

What I'm wanting to do is have a different worksheet set up for each program that we offer (5-round, 4-round, 3-round, aeration, mowing, etc.) - basically I would like to have it set up so if I have the "Program" column for a customer set up so it has the different programs, such as "5-Round" or "Mowing" typed in the cell, to then have a function set up to get those customers into a separate "5-Round" or "Mowing" worksheet and, ideally, have it also transfer the other corresponding columns that contain the customers names and addresses.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, hopefully what I explained well enough what I'm trying to do...

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
If you put your Orders on one worksheet using a Table (and Data Validation to keep the data as clean as possible),
Book1
ABCD
15-RoundCustomerProgram
24-RoundBeal3-Round
33-RoundDinsmor5-Round
4AerationBustosMowing
5MowingHanley3-Round
6CoggeshallMowing
7Read4-Round
8KendallAeration
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A1:A5A1=PROPER(TEXTSPLIT("5-round, 4-round, 3-round, aeration, mowing",,", "))
Dynamic array formulas.
Cells with Data Validation
CellAllowCriteria
D2:D8List=$A$1#

this will work on any other Worksheet in the Workbook:
Book1
ABCDE
15-Round4-Round3-RoundAerationMowing
2DinsmorReadBealKendallBustos
3HanleyCoggeshall
Sheet2
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A2:B2,D2,E2:E3,C2:C3A2=FILTER(Orders[Customer],Orders[Program]=A1,"")

Upvote 0
Okay, thank you. What you sent is very close to what I made up already - This is what I have for the main worksheet already, Columns J-N will have the information that I want transferred into the corresponding worksheets (same workbook). In column J, I plan on having '5-round', '4-round', '3-round' typed out for each customer entry. The other columns will have just 'Y' or 'N' for a value.

Customer Contact List.xlsx
ABCDEFGHIJKLMN
1Company NameFirst NameLast NameService Address 1Service Address 2Service CityService StateService ZipLawn Size (ft2)ProgramAeration?Irrigation?Bed Maintenance?Mowing?
Customer Service Info

Would there be a way to get the customers that have "5-round" in column J to somehow be transferred/linked into the below spreadsheet (in the same workbook) with the corresponding information put into the correct columns? The last two columns will be another formula that I will input once we start in the spring so those columns didn't need to be included, just wanted to have the whole picture here.
Customer Contact List.xlsx
ABCDEFGHIJK
1Company NameFirst NameLast NameService Address 1Service Address 2Service CityService StateService ZipLawn Size (ft2)Last Service DateNext Service Date
5-Round

Is what I'm trying to do, with the sheets formatted the way they are, going to work? Or do I need to start over?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivek chauhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back