Cubeset with topcount and several filter - problem

jazpar

Hi

As a newbi in using excel cube formulas I have a problem I hope someone could be helping with.

Issue:
Getting top 5 top- and bottomcount for Customergroup.
The count should respect:
Selected Company dimension (there are several companies 10-15)
Selected invoiceperiod dimension

Cubeset formulas:
Topcount
CUBESET("Sales","topcount(([Company].[Company].["&$C$10&"],[Customer].[CustgroupIdName].children),5,sum(([Company].[Company].["&$C$10&"], [InvoiceDate].[YearMth].["&$C$16&"], [Measures].[LineAmount])))","Top 5 Customergroup")
Bottomcount
CUBESET("Sales","bottomcount(([Company].[Company].["&$C$10&"], [Customer].[CustgroupIdName].children),5,sum(([Company].[Company].["&$C$10&"], [InvoiceDate].[YearMth].["&$C$16&"], [Measures].[LineAmount])))","Bottom 5 Customergroup")

Cuberankedmember formula:
CUBERANKEDMEMBER("Sales",Top5Kundegrp,$I3)
(I3 = the rank eg. 1)

Cubevalue formula:
CUBEVALUE("Sales",$J3, $C$16,"[Measures].[LineAmount]")
(J3 = the cuberankedmember; C16 = [InvoiceDate].[YearMth].[2014 - Jan])

Remarks:
[Company].[Company].["&$C$10&"] = [Company].[Company].[USMF]
[InvoiceDate].[YearMth].["&$C$16&"] = [InvoiceDate].[YearMth].[2014 - Jan]

Shown for the topcount:
Rank
(typed in number Column I)
Customergroup
(Cuberankedmember formula in Column J)
Lineamount
(cubevalue formula in Column K)
Remarks
130 - Retail customers 2,052,524.00Values and group from USMF company
210 - Wholesales customers1,803,576.00Values and group from USMF company
390 - Intercompany customers328,130.00Values and group from USMF company
490 - Intercompany customersZero value and group from company NOT selected
5010 - Clientes região SE (Sudeste)Zero value and group from company NOT selected

<tbody>
</tbody>

Could anyone help how to ensure:
When rank 4 and 5 are empty for the selected company – then don’t show those.
Why are they shown when in the cubeset I tried to filter on ONLY the selected company.

Thanks and have a nice weekend

Hi
You are right - I Will try to clarify: what I want is a total count of customergroup for the specific company with values for the specific period.

So if 10 customergroup total for Company x, but only values for 7 of these in specific period then count should be 7.
Br
Jan - and thanks

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Hi Jan,
am I translating this right: “Forget the Tops and Bottoms, just give me the non-empties”? :)

These cubeformulas become pita sooner or later (/are made for experts only). In theory this should be it:

=CUBESET("Sales","nonempty([Customer].[CustgroupIdName].children","Test",2,"([InvoiceDate].[YearMth].["&$D$13&"], [Measures].[LineAmount]))")

But at least it doesn’t work on my computer (german excel, English MDX-notation).

That’s why I’m using KISS-method: Create “helper pivots” that create the lines which your side tables will relate to. First advantage: They will only include non-empties.

So how to: on a separate worksheet: Insert – PivotTable – Use an external data source – Choose connection – “ThisWorkbookDataModel” in Tables or “Connection in this workbook” in connections will show your cube (sales) – choose

Then you create you helper pivot: Drag CustGroupIdName into Rows and LineAmount into Values.

Then connect to the Company-Slicer and YearMth (or create). This will give you the selection of your CustGroups with relevant amounts.

In order to relate to them by your nice “non-pivot-table” on your main report, you replace the “CUBERANKEDMEMBER”-function by a CUBEMEMBER-function:
=CUBEMEMBER(“ThisWorkbookDataModel”,”[Customer].[CustgroupIdName].[“&FirstRowCellOfYourHelperPivot&”]”)

The CUBEVALUE can basically stay the same, acutally you can skip the reference to the date, as this will be included in your helper Pivot already:
=CUBEVALUE("Sales",$E4,"[Measures].[LineAmount]")

You can find an example of this method here: Cubeformeln - Dynamische Berichte Erstellen

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayEggleton

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back