Dynamic Cube Set Really Slow

cwd123

Hi this is my first post, I have just started using cubedata and am trying to get some top 10 info based on different measures It needs to be dyanmic by week. What I have works but is incredibly slow is their a more effieicent way to write my query, Otherwise I may have to go back to using the pivot tables and populating a dashbaord that way.
any help appreciated:

The cubeset:

=CUBESET("Main Cube","topcount([Customer].[Username].children,10,sum(([Date].[Fiscal Date Hierarchy].[Fiscal Week].&["&$X$4&"],[Product].[Product Vertical].[Product Vertical].&[1]),[Measures].[turnover]))","top 10 turnover")

(where x4 is the ficsalweek date)

The cuberankedmember:

=CUBERANKEDMEMBER("Main Cube",$C$21,$R10)

(Where c21 is the cubeset and r10 is the rank to return)

=CUBEVALUE("Main Cube",D$6,$A25,$P$9,$I$6)

(where d6 is the measure (turnover), a25 is the username retutned by the the cuberankedmember, p9 is channel and i6 is the date)

Many thanks in advance
Chris

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Hi Chris,
how are all these cells filled you're referring to in your formulas (i.E. X4 here:Date].[Fiscal Date Hierarchy].[Fiscal Week].&["&$X$4&"])? :
"Harvested" slicer selections, fixed formulas or will the users fill in values there manually?

Upvote 0
Hi Chris,
if you could use a slicer instead of the dropdown-box, this alternative would probably give you the improved performance:

You replace your cubeset-function by a hidden pivot that will deliver the Top10 Usernames. Therefore you start on a new sheet that will be hidden later. In your case:

• Drag the field you’re after into the row section of your pivot: Username
  • Drag the Measure into the value-section: Turnover
  • Set report filters for fixed filter: Product Vertical
  • Insert slicer for interactive filter: Fiscal week date. Move this slicer to the sheet where it shall be used.
  • Apply your Top-10 Filter
  • Select the area where your usernames are shown and give it a nice name: TopTen. Then hide this sheet.

So what before you’d have gotten from the CUBERANKEDMEMBER-function will now be delivered by this formula: INDEX(TopTen, $R10)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinneytwin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back