custom ui editor for excel vba

nageswararao

I can't use custom ui editor to work with excel ribbon although I used to use really well a few years ago. How do i work with it now?

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
If you're having trouble using the Custom UI Editor to work with the Excel ribbon, there are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Ensure that you have the latest version of the Custom UI Editor installed. You can download the latest version from the Microsoft website.
  2. Check that the Excel file you're trying to edit with the Custom UI Editor is not currently open. If the file is open, close it and then try again.
  3. Make sure that the file you're editing is saved as a macro-enabled workbook (.xlsm). The Custom UI Editor will not work with regular Excel workbooks (.xlsx).
  4. Try running the Custom UI Editor as an administrator. To do this, right-click on the Custom UI Editor shortcut and select "Run as administrator."
  5. If none of these steps work, you may need to uninstall and then reinstall the Custom UI Editor.
Once you have the Custom UI Editor working, you can edit the Excel ribbon by opening the macro-enabled workbook and then opening the Custom UI Editor. From there, you can add, remove, or modify ribbon tabs, groups, and controls as needed. Just be sure to save your changes and then reopen the Excel file to see the updated ribbon.

Upvote 1
Since the Custom UI Editor is no longer supported by Microsoft, I would suggest that you use the Office RibbonX Editor, which you can find at the following link...

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent Khandagale

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back