Data appearing in wrong cell

BarbaraDiane

I was sent a spreadsheet that has a particular row where data is typed in one cell and appears in another. For example, if I type the word "No" in cell B11, it appears in cell O11. I have no merged cells in the spreadsheet.

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Welcome to the Board!

Does the value also appear in B11? If so, it sounds like you have a formula =B11 in O11.

Otherwise there might be a change event that's cutting the value to O11. To check you can right-click on the worksheet tab and select View Code. If there's anything displayed in the new window that opens you can paste it back here.

HTH,

Upvote 0
Thanks, Smitty. Neither is the case, to further comment, if I type in cell F16, the data appears in cell AE16 and so and and so forth across the row. Nothing showed up in the code. I would attach the spreadsheet, but I wasn't sure about doing that.

Upvote 0
In the VB Editor you might also want to see if there's any global event code in the ThisWorkbook module. You'll see it in the Project Explorer on the left-hand side of the screen.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fcarfagna

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back