Data Entry Table with Multiple Columns showing within a ComboBox (with Restrictions)

psy2222

I have temporary interns (more like Seniors > 65) entering data of the pledges from our Donors, the Pledge table only shows the Donors account number "for example DH0012", the pledge date, amount and Description, but the mailed Pledge Cards don't always have the Donors account number, so they intern have to go to the Donors table and find out there account number, then come back and add the entry to the Pledge table. I tried to have Church to switch to MS-Access and they would like to keep it simple and in Excel (oh Well!). So here is my dilemma, WITHOUT using Macros, ActiveX or VB, we like to be able to select the Customer number from the same drop down (aka ComboBox) we use (the interns do not type the Account Numbers manually, they select them from the account number field's drop down (aka ComboBox) that looks directly to the donors table.) BUT! the drop down (aka ComboBox) only shows the account number.. and to eliminate the step where they manually go to the Donors table to find the Account number (write it down or try to memorize it :) ), we like the Drop down (aka ComboBox) in the Account number field to show more than just the account number, we like to see, if it is possible in Excel, to have the down down (aka ComboBox) to show the Account Number, the first name and last name form the Donors table (maybe even the City), so it easy to determine who does the account number belongs to. (I can do that on Access and with a VB on Excel, neither is acceptable to them). I think, if there is anyone that can do this, will be in this board, you guys rock!

FYI: the Pledge table currently uses a Data Validation "List" link to the Donors account number Field Column label. and they are using Excel 2013 (Office 365) on Windows 7. We use the table features that auto creates a new row at the bottom of the Table when we use the "Tab key" for the next entry, so any solution would need to automatically get copied to the next row.

BTW, some of the ActiveX Drop Down Box (aka ComboBox) allow this trick, but hey don't seem to play well within Tables

Thank you so very much for your ideas in advance,

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taner zz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back