Data Transform, Problem with delimiter

Nastia

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello Community,

I encounter one problem with excel. When I export table from csv I have a delimiter semicolon, but it doesn't work. I found solution. If I would go to Power Query Editor - Split Column by delimiter and then change Delimiter from % to ; it will work, but how to change it permanently, I load data all the time with semicolon and it distracts me to change it all the time, because this setting doesn't save and when I load new document I should do this again. How to save the delimiter?

Thank you for the answer!
1708932940539.png

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board! :)

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at:

There is no need to repeat the link(s) provided above but if you have posted the question at other places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
You should specify the delimiter when importing the CSV rather than splitting the column afterwards.

Upvote 0
I specified the delimiter on the start, but it didn't worked, the data was messy not all information was split correctly, so I went to transform data and it opened Power Query Editor, here is another option to split it afterwards. When I opened it I saw % as default. I changed it to ; and all started to work. It seems like a bug in excel.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thnirmitha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back