data validation: filtering a dynamic list

sfister

hi

I am hs coach building a workout planner in excel 2010, where I have an Athletes sheet and a workout sheet. On the workout sheet I am using dynamic list to select an athlete name and pull other data in via index and match. Currently all athletes show up in the list. I want to only have "active" athletes In that list. I do have an Active column on the athletes sheet.

Currently the list is set as: =OFFSET(Athletes!$B$1,1,0,COUNTA(Athletes!$B:$B)-1,1)

how can I filter out only the active athlete. Active column is D

thanks in advance

scott

again thanks for the help.... still can't get it to work, i am beyond frustrated and feel like an idiot to think i apparently can't cut and paste or push three buttons at same time to get your work to work. so i will just settle for a list of all athletes.. :(

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
again thanks for the help.... still can't get it to work, i am beyond frustrated and feel like an idiot to think i apparently can't cut and paste or push three buttons at same time to get your work to work. so i will just settle for a list of all athletes.. :(

Why don't you copy the formula from the file?

Are the Yes values 3-letter entries?

Upvote 0
I have tried coping from the file as well, same result. Yes is 3 letter entry. your files works as planned. but once in my sheet, no good. maybe I don't understand where when and/or how to CSE then copy down... it seem straight forward.

Upvote 0
interestingly though, I can paste formula from my sheet to yours and it works in yours...I decided to put "help" in the value_if_error and sure enough, my cells fill with help.

Upvote 0
I have tried coping from the file as well, same result. Yes is 3 letter entry. your files works as planned. but once in my sheet, no good. maybe I don't understand where when and/or how to CSE then copy down... it seem straight forward.

Only the formula of A3 requires CSE. When done, A3 can be copied down.

interestingly though, I can paste formula from my sheet to yours and it works in yours...I decided to put "help" in the value_if_error and sure enough, my cells fill with help.

Where are the names and the yes/no values in your workbook?

Go to Formulas | Name Manager in your workbook.

What names do you see there? Would you copy of each name what the name refers to and paste here?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back