Data Validation List - Not Including Blanks

jbodel

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a data Validation List that is based off another cell. If that one cell says A it will list all the services listed for A, but if they select B, it will list all the services for B. The list is alphabetized, and some services might be used with multiple different selections. Right now when you select that Cell (A) it will have a list but have a long scroll where there are blanks. Is there a way to avoid that?

OK. You don't actually reference A7:A12, all you do is reference A7 and use the spill # to refer to all cells with data under A7 (including A7) which is however many cells the dynamic array formula (Filter) returns. So the data validation formula in A7 will always be =$A$7#

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
OK. You don't actually reference A7:A12, all you do is reference A7 and use the spill # to refer to all cells with data under A7 (including A7) which is however many cells the dynamic array formula (Filter) returns. So the data validation formula in A7 will always be =$A$7#
Ok I think what you said is beyond my knowledge. Is there an easier way to explain or is this something I should try another way? I really appreciate your help, I just wish I understood more of this.

Upvote 0
Ok I think what you said is beyond my knowledge. Is there an easier way to explain or is this something I should try another way? I really appreciate your help, I just wish I understood more of this.
If you're having trouble copying the XL2BB from post #6, here's a link to the file that I used to test it. It might be easier to understand if you see the actual application.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back