Data Validation missing

shaftdx

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2011
Platform
  1. MacOS
Good Morning all,

I have a question for you all, I have 2 data Validations lists on one sheet that are set up as a pull down menu. One stays put and the other disappears anytime I close the sheet down. The one that stays put is only 4-5 options and I listed them in the source field. The one that disappears (which is obviously the problem I am having) is a lot of information, series of employees names 20-25. Because there are so many I have a separate list on another sheet in the workbook that I pull from and link to the source field. How can I stop it from disappearing?

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Where is the series of employee names being populated? Is it manually entered each time in the Data Validation setup or are you referencing a selection of cells or table of the employee names?

Upvote 0
Where is the series of employee names being populated? Is it manually entered each time in the Data Validation setup or are you referencing a selection of cells or table of the employee names?
I am referencing the cells. I have the main tab entitled "trips" then I have another tab named "employees" which I reference from, every time I shut it down I have to re reference those cells

Upvote 0
How are you referencing the names in the DV?

Upvote 0
How are you referencing the names in the DV?
I highlight the column I want the dropdown menu to be. in this case "L" then I go to the Data tab then data validation button. Under stetting I select "list under the Allow criteria. When the source field comes up I click on it then go to my "employees tab" and highlight the cells I wish to be included.

Upvote 0
That should not be a problem. Do you have any VBA that could affect the DV?

Upvote 0
Try making your list a named range & reference that in the DV, to see if it helps.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back