DataFormat.Error: We couldn't parse the input provided as a Date value

hemant86

Hi,

I have a file which is downloaded from a source. It has multiple columns and 2 columns are containing "Start Date" & "End Date" in it. Both the columns by default are Custom format and not Date format.
Now when I import the data using Power Query I see the dates in Start Date column is formatted correctly from Custom to Date. Even in End Date column half of the data is formatted correctly to date format.

But the issue is the other half of the data is not formatted and displaying as error in the Query table. When I click on the Error cell i see the below message.

DataFormat.Error: We couldn't parse the input provided as a Date value

Now if I go and format the columns manually to Date in the source file everything works fine and there is no error. Is it that there is a issue with source file. If yes then how the formatting works for one half of the data and not the other half.

Any advise is appreciated.

1621245760644.png

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Are you able to show what the value is prior to changing the data type to date for 1 or more of the error lines ?

Upvote 0
Can you add an index column, that will give an approximate row reference then show us your source data for those rows.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Healthydogs

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back