Datavalidation of social security numbers

ausswe

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hi,
I've been trying for a while to figure out a way to use data validation and/or conditional formatting when entering Swedish social security numbers (personal id-number) to check that the value is valid but can't get my head around it.

I found an old thread on a forum that has been shut down so can't follow up there, but the formula they suggested works, at least partially.

The number is built up with a check number (the last digit in the number) and the formula validates that correctly as long as the ID-number is entered WITHOUT 19 or 20 (millenium) in the beginning which isn't good of course when entering mixed ages in the same list.
The ID-numbers are usually stated as either of these: 19651012-1314, 196510121314, 651012-1314, 6510121314 - as you can see either with 10 or 12 digits and with our without hyphen - and as you can see the original poster took this into account by substituting "-" in the formula.

I've been trying to figure out if I can use the original formula (that checks the ID numbers correctly as long as they are 10 numbers in length - without the millenium digits in front:
Excel Formula:
=RIGHT(A2;1)*1=MOD(10-MOD(SUM(MOD(MID(SUBSTITUTE(A2;"-";"");{1;2;3;4;5;6;7;8;9};1)*{2;1;2;1;2;1;2;1;2};10);TRUNC(MID(SUBSTITUTE(A2;"-";"");{1;7;9};1)*{2;2;2}/10;0));10);10)*1

So far I have tried IF statemens if the cell contains more than 11 characters, then ignore the first two (19/20) and use the original formula but haven't gotten that to work either.

So I'm checking if anyone would have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Thanks AlanY, the subsititute function is already built into the original formula and removing the millenium (19/20) would potentially cause duplicates so thats why I'm trying to figure out a way to modify the existing formula to account for 12 numbers instead.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back