Date count

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tryingtoresolve

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi I've been trying to work out a formula I need a cell to calculate 2 things M3 has date sent N3 date received but I need O3 to display how many days between M3 and todays daye until the item is returned when the returned date is entered into N3 it stops the today calculation

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Like this perhaps?
Book1
MNO
1SentReceivedDays
21/08/202327
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
O2O2=IF(N2="",TODAY()-M2,N2-M2)

Book1
MNO
1SentReceivedDays
21/08/202325/08/202324
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
O2O2=IF(N2="",TODAY()-M2,N2-M2)

Upvote 1
Solution
I've just tested on a blank spreadsheet and it works great any ideas how I can get it to display NA instead of #VALUE! on the empty cells with no date in

Upvote 0
I have sorted the problem managed to get answer through Google thanks all for the help it's appreciated

Upvote 0
Good to hear you got the solution.
If you would like to post the solution then it is perfectly fine to mark your post as the solution to help future readers. Otherwise, please do not mark a post that doesn't contain a solution.

Upvote 0
I sorted it by using the conditional format tool to look for errors and turn the background white with white font I tried using the IFERROR and changing the formula to display a message instead of value bit couldn't get it to work

Upvote 0
Hi I have just realised I need it to display a quantity of number of days if L2 is an empty cell M2 counts the days between J2 and K2 but once a date is entered into L2 it M2 counts that number of days instead between J2 and L2 the below formula works fine if L2 is populated this is the formula I am using presently

=IF(L2="",TODAY()-J2,L2-J2)

Attachments

• image003.png
    image003.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0
Hi please ignore the above request as its slightly incorrect what I actually require to know is

I need it to displaybthe quantity number of days if L2 is an empty cell M2 counts the days between J2 and Today but once a date is entered into L2 it M2 counts the number of days instead between J2 and L2 the below formula works fine if L2 is populated this is the formula I am using presently

=IF(L2="",TODAY()-J2,L2-J2)

Attachments

• image003.png
    image003.png
  • image003.png
    image003.png
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thnirmitha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back