Date formatting issue

CHML

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Web
Hi, After downloading a report, I noticed that somehow, Excel caught up services for (in this image scenario) December 10, 2023, as October 12, 2023 (in numeric format).
How can I tell Excel to treat the 2 first digits on the left as the Month, and the mid as days? If I simply do by formatting to "mm/dd/yyyy" It still thinks its October and shows as 10/12/2023.

If you help with a formula perspective, consider there are some dates that have only 1 digit as the day.

Thanking you in advance.
1705270532227.png

1705270855338.png

I still want to know what the formula returns for A14 as requested

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Can you leave the formulas as they are and repeat the steps in post 2 (as long as you did select the entire column in post 17) and post the results

Upvote 0
Did that. Any specific cell that you want me to post?
1705345034822.png

Upvote 0
What does
Excel Formula:
=ISNUMBER(A13)
return?

Upvote 0
Just sharing, my main goal was to create in column B a simple formula to show the week number of column A. The way it displays the date, that I don't care too much. It's the week number that got messed up.

Upvote 0
Just sharing, my main goal was to create in column B a simple formula to show the week number of column A
Week number won't work unless the dates are right, at the moment they don't look like they are, they all should return December. Text to Columns isn't a format

Upvote 0
Well, that's precisely why I brought my question to this platform; to fix dates in column A. But I was thinking of a formula perspective but I still didn't figure out the appropriate one.

Upvote 0
Do you still have access to the original report to download?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back