Date formatting issue

CHML

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Web
Hi, After downloading a report, I noticed that somehow, Excel caught up services for (in this image scenario) December 10, 2023, as October 12, 2023 (in numeric format).
How can I tell Excel to treat the 2 first digits on the left as the Month, and the mid as days? If I simply do by formatting to "mm/dd/yyyy" It still thinks its October and shows as 10/12/2023.

If you help with a formula perspective, consider there are some dates that have only 1 digit as the day.

Thanking you in advance.
1705270532227.png

1705270855338.png

I actually don't really have access to download a new report, but I do have the original report in my email - if that helps.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Save a fresh copy, carry out post 17 and see if the ISNUMBER formula gives TRUE for all the cells

Upvote 0
I first copied column A to a new workbook if you would want to try play around. see attached.

Upvote 0
Oh, I think the system spits it out. it allows pic formate only.

Upvote 0
Upload the file to a free file hosting site like www.box.com or www.dropbox.com, mark the file for sharing and post the link it provides in the thread.

I will need to change my systems dates to mm/dd/yyyy (which I won't be doing tonight btw), and I'll look at it when I get a chance.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back