Sorry my english is not enough. I will explain it simply;

TableA;
TableA.PNG

TableB (Wanted)
TableB.PNG

Thanks for answers.

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Dear Sandy666;

First of all, thank you for your answer. Your answer in Post # 7 is for FULL MATCH. I can do this with the query join method. I want to do; Let's continue on your example ... Let the date in TableB be 15.03.2019. Since the date range of 15.03.2019 is in the range of 14.03.2019 and 18.03.2019, let's return 5.2 and 6.2 again. The value is returned as null because it is FULL MATCH. I hope I was able to explain more precisely, "Google Translate" could explain :)) Thanks again for your interest and help.

Upvote 0
Dear Sandy666;

I will work on the link you posted in Post # 11. It looks like the solution I want. I will share it here if I can. Thanks.

Upvote 0
I'm at work right now, I took a look at the example in the link. I will apply the sample to my question at a convenient time. I was really surprised that the "Fill Down" method would be the solution for this question. :oops:

Thank you very much again; Dear sandy666 (y)

Upvote 0
Dear sandy666;

I was inspired by the link you provided. I created the following codes. Maybe a shorter method is of course available. I really want to solve this problem besides filtering and sorting. But this is my knowledge in the power question. This problem; I'd better bring the first record of PartA as the first record of PartB. But I also know that this kind of power query works very slowly. If we do the same with the "ARRAY" method in the macro, the max. While it can be done with 3-5 seconds, it can be 3-5 minutes depending on the data size. Anyway, my modest and unpretentious codes :);

VBA Code:
// TableA
let
    Source = Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="TableA"]}[Content]
in
    Source

// TableB
let
    Source = Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="TableB"]}[Content]
in
    Source

// Sorgu1
let
    Kaynak = Table.NestedJoin(TableA,{"Date"}, TableB, {"Date"}, "TableB", JoinKind.FullOuter),
    #"Değiştirilen Tür1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Kaynak,{{"Date", type date}, {"Price", type number}}),
    #"Genişletilen TableB" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Değiştirilen Tür1", "TableB", {"Date"}, {"TableB.Date"}),
    #"Değiştirilen Tür" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Genişletilen TableB",{{"TableB.Date", type date}}),
    #"Sıralanan Satırlar" = Table.Sort(#"Değiştirilen Tür",{{"Date", Order.Descending}}),
    #"Aşağı Dolduruldu" = Table.FillUp(#"Sıralanan Satırlar",{"TableB.Date"}),
    #"Özel Eklendi" = Table.AddColumn(#"Aşağı Dolduruldu", "Wanted :))", each if [Date] <> null and [TableB.Date]>=[Date] then [Price] else 0, type number),
    #"Filtrelenen Satırlar" = Table.SelectRows(#"Özel Eklendi", each ([#"Wanted :))"] <> 0)),
    #"Kaldırılan Yinelenenler" = Table.Distinct(#"Filtrelenen Satırlar", {"Part"}),
    #"Kaldırılan Sütunlar" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Kaldırılan Yinelenenler",{"Date", "Price"}),
    #"Sıralanan Satırlar1" = Table.Sort(#"Kaldırılan Sütunlar",{{"Part", Order.Ascending}})
in
    #"Sıralanan Satırlar1"

Upvote 0
I also know that this kind of power query works very slowly. If we do the same with the "ARRAY" method in the macro, the max. While it can be done with 3-5 seconds, it can be 3-5 minutes depending on the data size.
Your choice ?
but what will you do if your company prohibits using vba?
IMO, Power Query is much more flexible
but this is my private opinion only

my ranking is:
  1. Power Query
  2. Pivot Table
  3. Worksheet function
  4. -
  5. Excel features
  6. Power Pivot
  7. -
  8. -
  9. Power BI
  10. -
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. vba
:devilish: :ROFLMAO: ?:cool:?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dear sandy666;

"The Power Query is much more flexible." This is our common view, "PowerQuery" this is what attracts. However, it is an undeniable fact that "PowerQuery" needs further development. For example, case sensitivity of functions. When you write a function as I want; Calculating data in a table of 10-15 rows takes 3 minutes without exaggeration, it is really slow. I will send another example to support this thesis in the next post ...

The sample is stuck on the computer at the workplace

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TAKLAM

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back