Defaulting to Manually (not via VBA) Copying Visible Cells Only when Source Range has Auto-Filter Applied

tchien69

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
In my employer's Microsoft Excel for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2206 Build 16.0.15330.20260) 64-bit), I created new dummy workbook, and it defaults to copying visible cells only when I copied an auto-filtered range despite: a) common sense (i.e. why have a (Alt+)"Home", "Find & Select" (FD), "Go To Special...", "Visible cells only" option if the (Alt+)"Home", "Copy", "Copy" / Ctrl+C option already defaults to doing so) and b) several other repliers on a related thread claiming to be unable to reproduce it defaulting to copying visible cells only.

Although just a couple of 1-2 weeks ago (also using Microsoft Excel for Microsoft 365 though not sure exact Build or even Version), a production workbook was defaulting to copying all cells!? Before and after, it was defaulting to copying visible cells only!?

How is the default changing??? How can I view / change the default setting?

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
As far as I know it defaults to visible cells only, that is certainly the case for me. I am also running MS 365.
To see why it might be behaving inconsistently we would need to see the code and the data you are using.
I am pretty much unable to get it to default to all cells when I try it manually.

Upvote 0
My understanding is that
- If the data is auto-filtered, copying will copy visible cells only.
- If rows are hidden manually then copying will copy all.
- If data is auto-filtered and some rows are manually hidden, copying will copy visible cells only.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back