Delete multiple Rows in Multiple Sheets

Rumpkin

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I can no longer delete multiple rows in multiple sheets.
All the addresses are the same in all the sheets.
I used to be able to highlight multiple sheets (CNTRL + SHIFT + PAGE UP or DOWN)
Then highlight multiple rows (F8 ARROW down or up, then SHFT + SPACE BAR) and delete those rows in every sheet and repeat a necessary to clean up the multiple sheets.

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Those keyboard shortcuts still work. I just checked them again, and it worked for me. The only thing I can think of is to check to make sure the SCROLL LOCK is off. That can prevent you from using the keyboard to select cells.

Other than that, the keyboard itself? My control button stopped working week, and I've had to replace it. It happens.

Upvote 0
Ok. I take it that means that Scroll Lock wasn't an issue for you then?

Upvote 0
Correct.
Sorry for the delayed response. I took off for a couple of days.
It is not in that particular workbook.
I duplicated it in two other "new" workbooks with different data and formulas.
Has to be in the program. - - - EXCEL 2019

Upvote 0
Sorry for the delayed response. I took off for a couple of days
Not at all - it was the weekend. Also, life has a habit of getting in the way. No apology necessary.
I'm sorry I can't be of any help to you. The only thing I can think of is perhaps a real life 'debugging' of your process. Where does it stop working? eg:
I used to be able to highlight multiple sheets (CNTRL + SHIFT + PAGE UP or DOWN)
Are you able to select each of the sheets through ctrl+shft+pgup/pgdown? Can you see that they've been selected? Does it work if select the sheet tabs with the mouse (and either shift or ctrl)?
Then highlight multiple rows (F8 ARROW down or up, then SHFT + SPACE BAR) and delete those rows in every sheet and repeat a necessary to clean up the multiple sheets.
Forgetting the above step for a moment, does F8 work? Are you able to sticky select multiple cells with the arrow keys after pressing F8? Also, separate from that, does Shift+space or Ctrl+space allow you to select the row/column?

If each of those elements work, then I'm wondering whether there is some kind of protection in place.

Upvote 0
All that works.
The process will delete the first batch of rows across the selected worksheets but not a second time.
It will delete the rows in the last selected sheets, multiple times.
My thought is the the data calculation may be too big.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonnaRisso

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back